Events and Extension Activities
Dental treatment utilization awareness camp Oral hygiene maintenance at at Navneet Education, khaniwade
Awareness about 'Oral Manifestations Of Systemic Diseases' at UPHC 1 old Panvel near jay Maharashtra gymkhana
Dental Treatment Utilization Awareness camp -' Passive Smoking'at Kajupada pipeline Ghass compound near dattaguru mandir ward no 168
Dental Treatment Utilization Awareness camp -' Passive Smoking' at UPHC 1 old Panvel near jay Maharashtra gymkhana
Awareness about Health education camp- ‘Diabetes and oral health awareness’ at Seth Montana, Mulund West
Awareness about Health education camp- ‘Diabetes and oral health awareness’ at at Runwal bliss construction site, kanjurmarg IDA Camp
Imparting Oral Health Education at Pothohar Garden Co-Op Hsg Society, LBS Marg through online medium
Imparting Oral Health Education at Tulsi Harmony CHS Sector-01, Khanda colony, New Panvel through online medium
Imparting Oral Health Education at Stepsworth Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Clinic, Thane through online medium
Imparting Oral Health Education at N R Bhagat Sr College of Science, Commerce & Arts through online medium
Imparting Oral Health Education to SreeNarayana Guru College of Education (B.Ed.), Chembur through online medium
Aims and Objectives
- To identify and mobilize all patients born with Cleft and Craniofacial Deformities to MGM hospital .
- To carry out educational programs in order to create awareness about the above mentioned deformities, with emphasis on preventive aspects to expecting mothers.
- To do high quality research in this field to find new preventive and treatment strategies.
- To provide patients with specialist consultation in the fields of Surgery, Anaesthesia, Paediatrics, ENT; all free of cost.
- To provide all patients with comprehensive services like Dentistry (NAM, Orthodontics), Nutrition and Speech Therapy ; all free of cost.
- Training facilities for Surgeons and Anaesthesiologist from across the globe, to build skilled human resource in areas of great need.
- Training healthcare workers like ASHA (Accredited Social Health Care Activist) in identifying the patients and directing the patient at right age for the surgery.
- Conducting out reach screening camps and follow-up camps for the patients.
- Presenting the program at various National and International level Conferences .
- Participating in cleft surgery missions world wide.
- Plan for Nursing Training Program.
Our Surgeon - In - Charge
- Dr. Adil Gandevivala (M.D.S., F.I.S.O.I., F.A.M. – Germany, Fellowship in Cleft & Craniofacial Surgery.) is a consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon and Implantologist.
- Unit-in-charge of the Inga Health Foundation Cleft and Craniofacial unit, Mumbai.
- Completed post graduation in 2012, following which he has undergone Superspeciality Fellowship training in Advanced Implantology, Facial Aesthetics and Cleft and Craniofacial Surgery.
- He is regularly invited for delivering Guest Lectures at a National level and has twenty plus scientific international publications to his name.
- Attachments: Associate Professor and Post Graduate Guide in M.G.M. Dental College & Hospital since 2012.
- Consultant Surgeon at Saifee Hospital, Wockhardt Hospital, Apollo Hospital, Hinduja Healthcare Hospital, Fortis Hospital, Masina Hospital, St Elizabeth’s Hospital.
- Awarded first place in Indian Society of Oral Implantologists Eureka series in 2020
- Best Teacher Award in 2019
- Best scientific presentation Award in 2010 and 2008
- Facilities provided at MGM
- All the below facilities are offered to the patients completely free of cost.
- To and fro transportation fares as per the state transport department for patient and parent.
- Lodging and food to patient and parents in pediatric wards.
- Free surgery including all the medicines, surgical materials and operating room charges.
- Comprehensive care which includes Basic Dental treatment, Orthodontic treatment (cleft related ) and (NAM) Nasoalveolar moulding, Nutritional counselling for malnourished infants, Speech therapy sessions for all cleft palate patients.
How far have we come
- Facilities provided at MGM
- Cases 800 plus operated from over 12 plus Districts.
- High risk cases operated.
- Good out reach net work with 2 to 3 new born patients identified and referred to us every month.
- On an average 4 to 6 cases per week can be operated.
- 80 percent follow up rate.
- Opportunity for Team members to attend Missions and Presentations etc.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- MGM is located at Mumbai Pune NH4 express highway, very well connecting the Urban and Rural population with top class facilities .
- 850 bedded hospital having Medical, Dental, Engineering, Nursing, colleges in campus .
- Medical College has an intake capacity of 150 students per year. They also have residency programs in all major faculties.
- Dental College has an intake capacity of 100 students per year. They also have residency in all faculties.
- MGM University rated as “A” grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Cleft and Craniofacial unit runs under the Oral Maxillofacial Department and its team with separate admin office.
- Current Medical Director, Dr Sudhir Kadam has extended total cooperation and freedom to set up the Cleft and Craniofacial Unit.