Oral Medicine & Radiology
Oral Medicine is the specialty of dentistry that is concerned with the oral health care of medically compromised patients and with the diagnosis & non-surgical management of medically related conditions affecting the oral maxillofacial region.
Oral and maxillofacial radiology is the specialty of dentistry and discipline of radiology concerned with the production and interpretation of images and data produced by all modalities of radiant energy that are used for the diagnosis and management of diseases, disorders and conditions of the oral and maxillofacial region.
We are striving hard to achieve our goals of inculcating value-based teaching and provide cost effective updated quality imaging services to the community.
We have taken another step forward to improve our services by faculty development programs which include arranging conference, workshops and introducing new methodology.
Our Radiological services range from conventional intra-oral and panoramic radiography to skull and TMJ imaging also including digital radiography both intraoral (RVG and PSP) and extra oral (digital panoramic radiology). We plan for CBCT set up in the very near future. And totally like to promote research activities so that we can contribute for development of dental sciences.
Dr. Pradnya P. Jadhav, M.D.S, Professor and Head
She is teacher par excellence who has 10 years of teaching experience. She has participated in national and international conference and has published papers in various journals. She is an examiner for MUHS.
- BDS:Nair Hospital Dental College,Mumbai University,1988
- MDS:Nair Hospital Dental College,Mumbai University,1997
Dr. Rohit Gadda, M.D.S, Senior Lecturer
WORK EXPERIENCE (CURRENT)
Organization: MGM Dental College and Hospital, Navi
Department: Oral Medicine and Radiology
Period - Duration: 21 st July, 2010 to till date (11 years, 2 months)
Lecturer Approved by MUHS, Nasik since 16/04/2014. (Ref. Letter no. MUHS/E-2/2106/SSC/2664 /2014, Dt 09/06/2014).
- BDS:Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik,2000-2004
Internship:16 th August 2004 to 15 th August 2005
- MDS (ORAL MEDICINE & RADIOLOGY):Manipal Dental College, Manipal University, May-2007 to April-2010
- DCI REGISTRATION NUMBER:A-12131
- RENEWAL DATE:Jan 2021
- Life member of ‘Indian Academy of Oral Medicine & Radiology’
- Member, Editorial board, ‘Journal of Contemporary Dentistry’
- Member in the Reviewer Board of the ‘International Journal of Maxillofacial Imaging’
- Member in the Reviewer Board of the “Journal of Oral Medicine, Oral Surgery, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology”
- In-charge, Tobacco Cessation Centre, MGM’s Dental College and Hospital, Navi Mumbai
- Actively involved in Radiation safety - regular AERB licensing of all X- Ray units in college and Quality assurance.
- Member of Editorial review board, Journal of Contemporary Dentistry.
- Member, Health Science Education Technology Cell
- Member mentee, Innovation and Incubation unit
Chairperson/ Judge/ Resource Person
- Judge, paper presentation, Dentaux 2020, an intercollege scientific event, at MGMs Dental College and Hospital, Navi Mumbai. Date: 17/02/2020
- Co-chairperson, Travel and Accommodation, 17th National Triple 0 Symposium, Mumbai March 15th to 17th 2019. (under the aegis of IAOMR and NHDC, Mumbai)
- Chairperson and Judge for paper presentation, 17th National Triple 0 Symposium, Mumbai March 15th to 17th 2019. (under the aegis of IAOMR and NHDC, Mumbai)
- Chairperson and Judge for poster presentations, World Dental Show-2018, Mumbai
- Organizing committee member, Basic workshop in Health Science Education Technology Unit, Oct 2018 held at MGM’s Dental College and Hospital, Navi Mumbai
- Organizing committee member, National BDS Students Convention of IAOMR, Maharashtra, held at YMT Dental College & Hospital, Navi Mumbai, 14 th & 15 th Sep 2017.
- Judge, paper presentation, Dentaux 2020, an intercollege scientific even at MGMDCH on 17 th Feb, 2020.
Dr. Neha Patil, M.D.S, Senior Lecturer
Work Experience: U.G- 8yrs and 9 months.
University approved Undergraduate Teacher.
- BDS:Nair Hospital Dental College, MUHS, 2006.
- MDS:Nair Hospital Denyal College, MUHS, 2011.
- PhD Scholar (Molecular Biology)
- Registration number: A-13193.
Dr. Priyanka Tidke Munde, Senior Lecturer
Working Experience: - Oral & Maxillofacial Radiologist at Dental Imaging Centre Private Limited, Nagpur
From 16 th july 2015 to july 2016
Category: - NT (D)
- B.D.S :V.S.P.M'S Dental College & Research Center, Nagpur, 2006 TO 2011
- M.D.S :S.D.K.S Dental College & Hospital, Nagpur, 2012 to 2015
- prize for best scientific paper presentation ( In Research Category) [Topic : Role of stress as an etiologic factor for oral lichen panus] [Venue : National IAOMR PG Convention 2013 Vadodara, Gujrat]
1. DEPARTMENT INFRASTRUCTURE
OPD Registration :
- Diagnosis and Management of red and white lesions in oral cavity, oral ulcers, precancerous Lesions
- Screening and diagnosis of Oral Cancer
- Diagnosis and Management of restricted mouth opening
- Diagnosis and Management of Orofacial Pain
DEPARTMENT OUTREACH ACTIVITY
Assessment of Oral Health Status, Tobacco related lesions and Treatment need of patients at Kolakhe Village:
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology of the MGM dental college constantly takes efforts in conjunction with the Public health department in extending the oral health care to the community. The oral care initiative was extended with the aim of assessing the oral health status, Tobacco related lesions and managing the same to patients at kolakhe village.
TOBACCO CESSATION CENTRE:
Department is actively involved in running Tobacco Cessation Centre. All patients visiting outpatient department are screened for tobacco use and tobacco associated oral lesions. Brief advice to quit tobacco is given to all tobacco users and they are encouraged to participate in tobacco cessation programme.
Extension activity on profits of investment in LIC was conducted by Dr P P Jadhav explaining. in brief the advantages and r eturns of the investments