The Department is located on the 5th and 6th floor of the Dental College building with separate postgraduate Clinic, undergraduate clinic, post graduate lab, under graduate lab, oral hygiene bay, technician lab, computer room, seminar room, Departmental Library with E-library, Museum, Sterilization Room, Post graduate student's room, Faculty room’s and department stores. All consumable materials are freely available for use to the students and doctors for treating patients.
The Department of Periodontics is located on the second floor of M.G.M Dental College & Hospital, Navi Mumbai. It is spread over more than 9000 sq. feet of floor area. We are equipped with 45 dental chair units with all auxiliary dental equipment and attachments. We have facilities of having state of the art oral prophylactic armamentarium, Ultrasonic scaler equipment, periodontal surgical armamentarium, diode lasers, electrosurgical units, Ultrasonic bone surgical units, Implantology equipment and armamentarium. We cater to various patient categories in addition to our routine out patients including geriatric and hospital inpatients. We offer in our institution radiographic aides and laboratory investigations through our ISO certified laboratory to assist our therapeutic modalities. We have a full fledged Medical hospital on campus to cater towards referrals and emergencies.
Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
Dental Chairs:In terms of infrastructure, the department provides 39 dental chairs for patients at the under-graduate level and 11 chairs at the post-graduate level.
20-Seater Seminar Room, Library and Laboratory:The department also has a seminar room where presentations are delivered and academic discussions are conducted. A small departmental library is adequately stocked with textbooks, which can be referred to by everybody.
For patients: excellent, affordable dental care.
An ideal environment for learning
Pre-clinical Section: Training in the second year of under graduation involves activities to be performed on teeth mounted on phantom heads before they actually enter clinics and start working on patients in the subsequent year.
Making inroads in the utilization of cutting Edge technology
Continuing Dental Education Wing
- Our Goals :
- Promote and encourage continual and lifelong education of the dental professional beyond graduation, by presenting outstanding programs by recognized clinicians and educators who have demonstrated expertise in their respective fields of endeavor.
- Disseminate new information and advancing technology for practical application by the dental professional.
- Encourage and assist the dental professional to achieve higher levels of skills, knowledge, and competence.
- From 2012, these Courses will be open to all Dentists who wish to widen their clinical horizons in Endodontics.
- Hon. Professor Dr. Nandana R. Patil conducts Hands-On Sessions and Lectures in Endodontics with the Department Staff , and shares her academic and clinical expertise with the graduating students on changing trends in research and technology
Sterilization and equipment
- The department offers digital radiographic analysis to its patients The undergraduate students make use of a radiography unit placed in the department premises.
- The clinical skills of the operator are enhanced by several electronic devices like pulp testers and fiber optic illumination.
- Light cure composite kits are regularly used with the spirit of propagating aesthetic dentistry to the common man at very affordable prices.
- For enhanced patient and operator safety, the use of rubber dam kits is emphasized upon.
- Operator convenience and efficiency is greatly enhanced in the clinics with a four-handed dentistry approach.
- A kit for Bleaching of Discoloured Teeth and Rotary Endodontic Equipment is provided.
- Thermoplasticized materials for root canal fillings, including Obtura II and Therma Prep.
The Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology located on the fifth floor of Dental building spread across an area of 4400 sq ft. It is well equipped with practical lab for the undergraduate students, a seminar room for the postgraduates and undergraduate students, museum displaying various specimens of Dental anatomy and Oral Pathology and, departmental library, research room and histopathology lab. The histopathology lab consists of a semiautomatic microtome and is well equipped for routine as well as special staining procedures. In addition to our histopathology lab, we also have complete clinical laboratory set up for routine laboratory investigations. Our research lab consists of research microscope with polarizing, phase contrast and dark field illumination attachments with a good photomicrography set up and an image analyzer software.