Events and Extension Activities
दंत चिकित्सकासाठी एमजीएम रुग्णालयात कार्यशाळा
Dental treatment utilization awareness camp Oral hygiene maintenance at at Navneet Education, khaniwade
Awareness about 'Oral Manifestations Of Systemic Diseases' at UPHC 1 old Panvel near jay Maharashtra gymkhana
Dental Treatment Utilization Awareness camp -' Passive Smoking'at Kajupada pipeline Ghass compound near dattaguru mandir ward no 168
Dental Treatment Utilization Awareness camp -' Passive Smoking' at UPHC 1 old Panvel near jay Maharashtra gymkhana
Awareness about Health education camp- ‘Diabetes and oral health awareness’ at Seth Montana, Mulund West
Awareness about Health education camp- ‘Diabetes and oral health awareness’ at at Runwal bliss construction site, kanjurmarg IDA Camp
Imparting Oral Health Education at Pothohar Garden Co-Op Hsg Society, LBS Marg through online medium
Imparting Oral Health Education at Tulsi Harmony CHS Sector-01, Khanda colony, New Panvel through online medium
Imparting Oral Health Education at Stepsworth Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Clinic, Thane through online medium
Imparting Oral Health Education at N R Bhagat Sr College of Science, Commerce & Arts through online medium
Imparting Oral Health Education to SreeNarayana Guru College of Education (B.Ed.), Chembur through online medium
Aims and Objectives
- To identify and mobilize all patients born with Cleft and Craniofacial Deformities to MGM hospital .
- To carry out educational programs in order to create awareness about the above mentioned deformities, with emphasis on preventive aspects to expecting mothers.
- To do high quality research in this field to find new preventive and treatment strategies.
- To provide patients with specialist consultation in the fields of Surgery, Anaesthesia, Paediatrics, ENT; all free of cost.
- To provide all patients with comprehensive services like Dentistry (NAM, Orthodontics), Nutrition and Speech Therapy ; all free of cost.
- Training facilities for Surgeons and Anaesthesiologist from across the globe, to build skilled human resource in areas of great need.
- Training healthcare workers like ASHA (Accredited Social Health Care Activist) in identifying the patients and directing the patient at right age for the surgery.
- Conducting out reach screening camps and follow-up camps for the patients.
- Presenting the program at various National and International level Conferences .
- Participating in cleft surgery missions world wide.
- Plan for Nursing Training Program.
Our Surgeon - In - Charge
- Dr. Adil Gandevivala (M.D.S., F.I.S.O.I., F.A.M. – Germany, Fellowship in Cleft & Craniofacial Surgery.) is a consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon and Implantologist.
- Unit-in-charge of the Inga Health Foundation Cleft and Craniofacial unit, Mumbai.
- Completed post graduation in 2012, following which he has undergone Superspeciality Fellowship training in Advanced Implantology, Facial Aesthetics and Cleft and Craniofacial Surgery.
- He is regularly invited for delivering Guest Lectures at a National level and has twenty plus scientific international publications to his name.
- Attachments: Associate Professor and Post Graduate Guide in M.G.M. Dental College & Hospital since 2012.
- Consultant Surgeon at Saifee Hospital, Wockhardt Hospital, Apollo Hospital, Hinduja Healthcare Hospital, Fortis Hospital, Masina Hospital, St Elizabeth’s Hospital.
- Awarded first place in Indian Society of Oral Implantologists Eureka series in 2020
- Best Teacher Award in 2019
- Best scientific presentation Award in 2010 and 2008
- Facilities provided at MGM
- All the below facilities are offered to the patients completely free of cost.
- To and fro transportation fares as per the state transport department for patient and parent.
- Lodging and food to patient and parents in pediatric wards.
- Free surgery including all the medicines, surgical materials and operating room charges.
- Comprehensive care which includes Basic Dental treatment, Orthodontic treatment (cleft related ) and (NAM) Nasoalveolar moulding, Nutritional counselling for malnourished infants, Speech therapy sessions for all cleft palate patients.
How far have we come
- Facilities provided at MGM
- Cases 800 plus operated from over 12 plus Districts.
- High risk cases operated.
- Good out reach net work with 2 to 3 new born patients identified and referred to us every month.
- On an average 4 to 6 cases per week can be operated.
- 80 percent follow up rate.
- Opportunity for Team members to attend Missions and Presentations etc.
Infrastructure and Facilities
- MGM is located at Mumbai Pune NH4 express highway, very well connecting the Urban and Rural population with top class facilities .
- 850 bedded hospital having Medical, Dental, Engineering, Nursing, colleges in campus .
- Medical College has an intake capacity of 150 students per year. They also have residency programs in all major faculties.
- Dental College has an intake capacity of 100 students per year. They also have residency in all faculties.
- MGM University rated as “A” grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Cleft and Craniofacial unit runs under the Oral Maxillofacial Department and its team with separate admin office.
- Current Medical Director, Dr Sudhir Kadam has extended total cooperation and freedom to set up the Cleft and Craniofacial Unit.