Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
Orthodontics is a specialty of dentistry that is concerned with the study and treatment of improper bites, which may be a result of tooth irregularity, disproportionate jaw relationships, or both. The word comes from the Greek words ortho meaning straight, and odont meaning tooth.
Orthodontic treatment can focus on dental displacement only, or can deal with the control and modification of facial growth. It can also be carried out for purely aesthetic reasons with regards to improving the general appearance of patients' teeth. Treatment is most often prescribed for practical reasons such as providing the patient with a functionally improved bite.
Our goal is to impart in-depth knowledge of the biological and mechanical principles governing the practice of orthodontics and to allow residents to develop excellent proficiency in orthodontics while treating a wide variety of malocclusions using multiple techniques.
Our objective is to provide the resident with a well-balanced educational experience, integrating a strong foundation in the basic sciences with a diverse clinical experience.
Graduate a specialist with the highly refined analytical, clinical and management skills necessary to provide optimum oral health care.
There was recruitment of a new staff into the department. We also started with lingual course module wherein a visiting faculty will be sharing knowledge about lingual orthodontic technique. Clinical guidance and periodic follow-up will be catered by the faculty.
The department was upgraded by installation of 18 fully automatic chairs with built-in attachments. Various new equipments like sand blaster, front load autoclave, etc. were added.
Dr. Ravindranath V K, Professor
- B.D.S :Government Dental College, Mumbai, 1986
- M.D.S (OMDR)::Government Dental College & Hospital, Mumbai, 1989
- M.D.S (Orthodontics):King George Medical College, MUHS, Nashik, 1990
- Awarded the second best paper at 27th IOC, Lucknow
- Life Member – Indian orthodontic Society (L 1899)
Dr. Anjali Gheware, Professor
- B.D.S :MGV Dental College & Hospital, Nashik, 2003
- M.D.S :KLE Dental College, Belgaum, 2007
- Life Member: Indian Orthodontic Society (LM- 1314)
- Lecture on Interactive Exchange of Orthodontic Ideologies at BVP, Pune on 10th -11th January, 2020
Dr. Amol Mhatre, Associate Professor
- B.D.S :YMT Dental College , MUHS, Nashik, 2006
- M.D.S :KLE Institute of Dental Sciences, RGUHS, 2010
- Fellowship in Oral Implantology:YMT Dental College, MUHS, Nashik, 2015
- Braces & More Superspeciality Dental Clinic, Vashi
- Life Member – Indian orthodontic Society